1. Jillian Michaels’ 30 Day Shred – Oh my gosh. I can’t believe I’m actually referencing this workout video in a post about love… I might be officially crazy. Yesterday, I completed my 15th consecutive day of the 30 Day Shred, and while I HATE it while I’m doing the video, I have loved seeing how it’s improving my strength. It helps when you don’t have a single ounce of strength to start with… No where to go but up! If you’re thinking about trying it out, I recommend doing it with a friend. My friend Crimson and I are having a little contest of sorts, which has been SUPER motivating on the days I am tempted to skip.
2. Maybelline Baby Lips, Quenched – I’ve actually written about Baby Lips before, and I still love them! If you’re like me, being in the sunshine during the summer is not good to your lips. It seems like they burn so much easier than the rest of my skin, and I have no idea why. Because of this, I HAVE to have a good SPF lip balm/chapstick for the summer, and Baby Lips, Quenched does the job! It has SPF 20 in it, but it doesn’t have that nasty sunscreen taste like many others.
3. Canon 35mm 1.4L – I got this lens about a month ago and have been able to use it for a handful of sessions and a wedding. I love how wide this lens shoots because it is perfect for family and reception shots… A great purchase for any wedding photographer!
4. Dr. Scholl’s for Her – Okay, I’m officially grossing myself out by talking about feet on the blog, so I apologize. It’s nearly impossible to find a pair of shoes that will be comfortable enough to carrying me through an entire wedding and still look cute. I’ve come to the conclusion that I’ll never be totally pain-free while shooting a wedding, but these shoe inserts help A LOT. I paired them with a cute pair of Old Navy flats in nude that I recently purchased, and they’re now the perfect wedding-shooting shoes! (Or as close as I can get to perfect!)
5. Bistro Chalk Marker – Writing with chalk has got to be the most frustrating process of all time… I remember working on our chalkboard timeline for our wedding and almost throwing the stupid thing on the ground because I could NOT write with the chalk to save my life. It was breaking, smearing, the chalk dust was getting everywhere, and I didn’t have a fine tip to work with. When Holly, the world’s most talented cookie-maker, Instagrammed about her new chalk marker, I knew I had to pick one up right away. Let me tell you, this thing makes writing on a chalkboard about 200x’s easier and prettier! I got mine at Hobby Lobby for less than $5 with my 40% off coupon!
What are YOU loving these days!?