Here we are again… I know I probably sound like a broken record because I say this EVERY month, but I can’t believe it’s already June! It seems like just yesterday that Aaron & I were in Florida celebrating Christmas with our families, and now summer is in full swing. But hey… I’m not complaining. After what seemed like the longest winter of all time, I’ve been more ready than ever for the sun, a nice tan, and frequent trips to the snow cone stand! Here’s a look back at my May Goals…
May’s BUSINESS Goals
1. Rock out two awesome weddings with even more awesome couples!
2. Shoot a few engagement sessions.
3. Continue blogging 4-5 days a week. There were a few days that I slacked because of being out of town, but I’ll give myself a pass for that. :)
4. Read Jon Acuff’s new book Start. Can I cross this one off half-way? I actually started it last week, and it is SO great.
5. Re-do my About Me section of the blog, and maybe get some new bio pictures taken. I’d say I went above and beyond on this one with a totally made-over blog & logo!
6. Perfect reception lighting with my new Canon 600 EX-RTs! Well, I’ve not yet reached perfection, but I’m getting there!
7. Invest in the Canon 100m 2.8L Macro. Nope. Maybe in June?
May’s PERSONAL Goals
1. Enjoy my trip to Florida in 3 days!!! I CANNOT WAIT! Yes, Arkansans, you can be jealous.
2. Continue going to the gym at least 5 days a week and finish 30 Day Shred without missing a day. Well, I DID finish 30 Day Shred, but I missed a total of 3 days, which really isn’t that bad. Again, I blame being out of town.
3. Get ready in the mornings. Maybe if I write it twice, it will happen? :) Or maybe writing it twice won’t help at all.
4. Spend at least 30 minutes a day reading. I’m crossing this off because I attempted, failed, and I’m still mad about it. Touchy subject.
5. Enjoy our quick trip to Kansas City at the end of the month to see the Royals and Angels play.
6. Learn how to sew a pillow cover.
7. Plan meals out a week ahead of time. Whoopsies.
And for the month of June…
1. Finish reading Jon Acuff’s Start.
2. Invest in the Canon 100 2.8L Macro. Maybe if I write it twice, Aaron will let me buy it. Hint, hint. :)
3. Update all of my paper and marketing products to match my new logo.
4. Create custom instructions for clients explaining how to use PASS.
5. Shoot two awesome weddings in Virginia and North Carolina. Okay, I already shot the VA wedding on the 1st, but I love to write stuff down just so I can cross it off! Don’t lie… You do it too.
6. Continue blogging consistently.
1. Go to the gym at least 4 times a week and do alternating levels of 30 Day Shred 3 days a week.
2. Have an amazing week in Florida celebrating my best friend getting MARRIED!!! I can’t wait to ATTEND a wedding. It’s going to be a nice break to sit back and enjoy things for a change.
3. Take a walk every night with Aaron and Noley… The weather has been so amazing recently.
4. Celebrate Noley’s first birthday. Judge away, people. Judge away.
5. Start going through our belongings and getting rid of everything we don’t need or use. Our lease it up at the end of September, and we will most likely be moving. Aaron, who knows me and my procrastination tactics VERY well, has suggested that we get a jump start on purging and packing… He’s a pretty smart guy. :)
6. Unpack my suitcase the day after I get back from traveling. I’ll be out of town 3 times this month (Jacksonville, North Carolina, and Destin), which means a lot of packing/unpacking. Keeping in theme with my tendency to procrastinate, I usually wait to unpack my suitcase until I have no more clothes to wear, and that’s not really an option when you’re in and out of town every few days. This one will make Aaron happy too.
Here’s a sneak of this weekend’s Blue Ridge, VA wedding. It was incredibly gorgeous, and I can’t wait to share the rest of the pictures on Thursday!